200+ Blockchain Courses
Last updated on April 28, 2021
Blockchain is an emerging technology with the potential to disrupt traditional business models and revolutionize the way we do global business. According to LinkedIn, blockchain was the most in-demand hard skill of 2020. Top blockchain-recruiters include: IBM, Oracle, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, Amazon, and American Express. An increasing number of universities across the world are offering blockchain courses, to meet the growing demand for blockchain skills.
Below you can search our regularly updated database of blockchain courses offered by accredited universities and colleges. This includes Financial Technology (FinTech) courses where part of the curriculum is focused on blockchain. We cover online blockchain courses, on-campus blockchain courses, and blended blockchain courses. Blended delivery combines online learning with traditional campus-based classroom teaching.
These blockchain courses range from free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), to executive programs and certificates aimed at business professionals, to traditional and online blockchain degrees. For more detailed information about degrees, see our dedicated blockchain degrees page. If you know of any courses not included, please let us know.
University Blockchain Courses
|United States||Albany State University||Nexus Blockchain with Machine Learning Minor||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Albany State University||Nexus Blockchain with Data Analytics Minor||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||Amity University Online||PG Program in Blockchain Technology & Management||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|India||Amity University Online||PG Program in Blockchain Management||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United Arab Emirates||Amity University, Dubai||Blockchain Technology & Management||Diploma||Blended||Paid|
|South Korea||aSSIST University||MBA AI Crypto||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Argentina||Austral University||Blockchain Disruption [Spanish]||Course||Online||Free to
|India||Bennett University||B.Tech CSE (Blockchain)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|China||Chengdu University of Information Technology||Bachelor in Blockchain Engineering [Chinese]||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|India||Chitkara University||B.Eng CSE (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|India||Chitkara University||B.B.A. FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Columbia University||Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies & Digital Tokens Demystified||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Columbia University||Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, AI & Beyond||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Cornell University||Blockchain Essentials||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||Coventry University||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Creighton University||B.S.B.A. FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|India||CT University||B.Tech CSE (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Italy||D'Annunzio University||Master in Blockchain Economy||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Canada||Dalhousie University||FinTech: The Future of Financial Services||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Canada||Dalhousie University||Certificate in Blockchain||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|South Korea||Dongguk University||Master's in Blockchain [Korean]||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Ireland||Dublin City University||MS Blockchain - Distributed Ledger Technologies||Degree||Blended||Paid|
|United States||Duke University||Entrepreneurial Finance: Strategy & Innovation Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|United States||Duke University||Blockchain Applications Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Duke University||FinTech Law & Policy||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||Duke University||Blockchain Business Models||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||Duke University||M.Eng FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Switzerland||EU Business School||MBA Blockchain Management||Degree||Online|
|United States||Fordham University||MBA (FinTech Concentration)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Fordham University||MBA (Blockchain Concentration)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||George Washington University||GW FinTech Boot Camp||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Georgia State University||Blockchain Strategy for Business Leaders||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Harvard University||Introduction to Blockchain & Bitcoin||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Harvard University||FinTech||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Harvard University||Breakthrough Innovation with Blockchain Technology||Course||Online||Paid|
|Germany||Hochschule Mittweida||MS Blockchain & DLT [German/English]||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||FinTech: Industry Transformation & Regulation Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||FinTech Security & Regulation (RegTech)||Course||Online||Free to
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||FinTech Risk Management||Course||Online||Free to
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||FinTech Disruptive Innovation: Implications for Society||Course||Online||Free to
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||FinTech Foundations & Overview||Course||Online||Free to
|Spain||IEBS Digital School||Postgraduate Diploma in Blockchain [Spanish]||Diploma||Online||Paid|
|Spain||IEBS Digital School||Master in Blockchain & FinTech [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|India||IIIT Bangalore||PG Diploma in Software Development - Blockchain||Diploma||Online||Paid|
|India||IIIT Bangalore||PG Certification in Blockchain Technology||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|India||IIIT Hyderabad||Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technologies||Certificate||Blended||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Hyperledger Developer (Sawtooth)||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Hyperledger Developer (Fabric)||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Ethereum Developer||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Corda Developer||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Blockchain Business Professional||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Blockchain Associate||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Certified Blockchain Architect||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIITM Kerala||Accelerated Blockchain Competency Development Program||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||IILM University||MBA FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|India||IIM Calcutta||Advanced Program in FinTech & Financial Blockchain||Certificate||Blended||Paid|
|India||IIT Kanpur||Introduction to Blockchain Technology & Applications||Certificate||Online||Free to
|India||IIT Kharagpur||Blockchain Architecture Design & Use Cases||Certificate||Online||Free to
|India||IIT Madras||Software Engineering (Cloud, Blockchain & IoT)||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United Kingdom||Imperial College London||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||Imperial College London||FinTech Program||Course||Online||Paid|
|India||IMT Ghaziabad||Blockchain Technology Management||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain Revolution Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain Revolution in Financial Services Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|France||INSEAD||Transacting on the Blockchain||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Introduction to Blockchain Technologies||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Introduction to Blockchain for Financial Services||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain Transformations of Financial Services||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain in Financial Services: Strategic Action Plan||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain Opportunity Analysis||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain, Cryptoassets & Decentralized Finance||Course||Online||Free to
|France||INSEAD||Blockchain & Business: Applications & Implications||Course||Online||Free to
|Spain||International University of La Rioja||Blockchain Applied to Business [Spanish]||Course||Online||Paid|
|Spain||International University of La Rioja||Blockchain Application Development [Spanish]||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|India||Karnavati University||BS Cryptography & Blockchain||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|South Korea||Korea University||Blockchain Strategy Professional Management Program||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||Liverpool John Moores University||MS Computer Science (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Online||Paid|
|United Kingdom||London School of Economics||Cryptocurrency & Disruption||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Loyola Marymount University||Blockchain Foundations & Frameworks||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Loyola Marymount University||Blockchain Cases||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Loyola Marymount University||Blockchain & Industry||Course||Online||Paid|
|United Kingdom||Manchester Metropolitan University||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Digital Transformation||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Blockchain Technologies: Business Innovation & Application||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Blockchain Ethics||Course||Online||Free|
|Spain||Miguel de Cervantes European University||Master in Applied Blockchain [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|France||Montpellier Business School||MS Finance (Innovative Finance Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Russia||Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology||Introduction to Blockchain Technology [Russian]||Course||Online||Free to
|Russia||Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology||Master in Blockchain||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||Leveraging FinTech for Business||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Mexico||National Autonomous University of Mexico||Financial Engineering [Spanish]||Specialization||Campus||Paid|
|United States||New York University||MBA in General Management (FinTech Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||New York University||Blockchain in Sports||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||New York University||Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin & the Blockchain||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||New York University||FinTech for Executives: Understanding & Managing Innovation||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Ngee Ann Polytechnic||Around FinTech in 8 Hours||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Northeastern University||MS Information Systems (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|China||Peking University||Blockchain & Digital Finance [Chinese]||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||Polytechnic University of Catalonia||Master in Blockchain & Business Applications [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Italy||Polytechnic University of Milan||Master in FinTech, Finance & Digital Innovation||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Colombia||Pontifical Xavierian University||Blockchain Technology Fundamentals [Spanish]||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||Portland State University||Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Portland State University||Business Blockchain Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|South Korea||POSTECH||POSTECH Blockchain Executive Program||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Princeton University||Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Technologies||Course||Online||Free|
|Spain||Ramon Llull University||Innovation in Finance: FinTech & Blockchain [Spanish]||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Rice University||FinTech Boot Camp||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||BBus (Blockchain Enabled Business)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||Master of Blockchain Enabled Business||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||Developing Blockchain Strategy||Course||Online||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||Designing Blockchain Solutions||Course||Online||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||Graduate Certificate in Emerging Technologies & Law||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Australia||RMIT University||Graduate Certificate in Blockchain Enabled Business||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||Rutgers University||New Technologies for Business Leaders||Course||Online||Free to
|Canada||Ryerson University||Blockchain: Risk Management||Course||Online||Paid|
|Netherlands||Saxion University||Bitcoin Basic Course||Course||Online||Free|
|Poland||SGH Warsaw School of Economics||Postgraduate Blockchain Studies: Business, Law, Technology [Polish]||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|India||Sharda University||B.Tech CSE (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||SMU Certified Blockchain Developer||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Planning & Prototyping a Blockchain System||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Hands-on Practical Applications of Blockchain||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain & Smart Contracts||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Digital Assets & Blockchain Technology||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Demystifying Blockchain in Commodity Trading Industry||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Unleash the Potential of Blockchain Technology||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Business Implications of Blockchain Technology||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain: Embarking on the Journey||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain for Business Application & Strategy||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||DLT, Data Privacy & Secure Data Sharing||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain Sustainability||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain Governance, Compliance & Regulation||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain Solutions Implementation||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain Technology Developments & Industry Adoption||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain & Digital Transformation||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Blockchain Fundamentals||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Management University||Advanced Certificate in Blockchain for Business||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Polytechnic||FinTech Fundamentals Program||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Polytechnic||FinTech - Blockchain (Intermediate)||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore Polytechnic||FinTech - Blockchain (Beginners)||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore University of Social Sciences||Master of Finance||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore University of Social Sciences||Graduate Diploma in FinTech||Diploma||Campus||Paid|
|Singapore||Singapore University of Social Sciences||Graduate Certificate in FinTech||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|South Korea||Sogang University||Master's in Blockchain [Korean]||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|India||SP Jain School of Global Management||Professional Certificate in FinTech||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Russia||St Petersburg State University||Software Development Using NEO Blockchain Technology||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||Stanford University||Blockchain & Cryptocurrency: What You Need to Know||Course||Online||Paid|
|United States||Stanford University||Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Technologies||Course||Online||Paid|
|Switzerland||SUPSI||Certificate of Advanced Studies in FinTech||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Switzerland||SUPSI||Certificate of Advanced Studies in Blockchain||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||Swinburne University of Technology||Master of FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||Swinburne University of Technology||Graduate Certificate of FinTech||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|China||Tsinghua University||Blockchain Industry & Applications [Chinese]||Course||Campus||Paid|
|China||Tsinghua University||Belt & Road FinTech Advanced Program||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||Universidad Europea||Master in FinTech & Blockchain [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Spain||Universidad Europea||Blockchain & Bitcoin Postgraduate Program [Spanish]||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||Universidad Europea||Master in Disruptive Technologies for Business [Spanish]||Degree||Blended||Paid|
|Spain||Universidad Europea||Disruptive Technologies for Business Postgraduate Program [Spanish]||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||Universidad Europea||Blockchain Bootcamp [Spanish]||Certificate||Blended||Paid|
|Switzerland||Università della Svizzera italiana||MS FinTech & Computing||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University at SUNY - Buffalo||Blockchain Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|United States||University at SUNY - Buffalo||Smart Contracts||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||University at SUNY - Buffalo||Decentralized Applications (Dapps)||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||University at SUNY - Buffalo||Blockchain Platforms||Course||Online||Free to
|United States||University at SUNY - Buffalo||Blockchain Basics||Course||Online||Free to
|Canada||University Canada West||Blockchain Entrepreneurship Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University College London||Introduction to Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technology||Course||Online||Free to
|United Kingdom||University College London||Blockchain Executive School||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University College London||UCL Blockchain Rules Online Program||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Spain||University of Alcalá||Master in Blockchain, Smart Contracts & Cryptoeconomics [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Spain||University of Alcalá||Master in Blockchain Engineering [Spanish]||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Netherlands||University of Amsterdam||Applied Blockchain||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Netherlands||University of Amsterdam||Fintech: Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies & Smart Contracts||Course||Campus||Paid|
|Netherlands||University of Amsterdam||FinTech & Blockchain Masterclass||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of Arkansas||Professional Master of Information Systems (Blockchain Concentration)||Degree||Blended||Paid|
|United States||University of Arkansas||Master of Information Systems (Blockchain Concentration)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of Arkansas||Blockchain Enterprise Systems Graduate Certificate||Certificate||Blended||Paid|
|United States||University of Arkansas||B.S.B.A. Information Systems (Blockchain Concentration)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||University of Barcelona||Global Master's in Blockchain Technologies||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Italy||University of Bologna||Master in Finance & FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of California, Berkeley||Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United States||University of California, Berkeley||Blockchain Technology||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Berkeley||Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Irvine||Blockchain Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|United States||University of California, Irvine||The Blockchain||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Irvine||The Merkle Tree & Cryptocurrencies||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Irvine||Cryptography & Hashing Overview||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Irvine||The Blockchain System||Course||Online||Free
|United States||University of California, Los Angeles||Introduction to Blockchain for Business: Security Tokens||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of California, Los Angeles||Blockchain Business Applications||Course||Campus||Paid|
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||FinTech: Disruption in Finance||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||FinTech Startups in Emerging Markets Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||Start Up Your FinTech Future||Course||Online||Free
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||Financial Regulation & FinTech Companies||Course||Online||Free
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||Entrepreneurs in Emerging Markets & Blockchain Technology||Course||Online||Free
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||Building FinTech Startups in Emerging Markets||Course||Online||Free
|South Africa||University of Cape Town||MPhil FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Switzerland||University of Geneva||Certificate of Advanced Studies in Blockchain & DLT||Certificate||Online|
|Gibraltar||University of Gibraltar||Blockchain & Smart Contracts||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Hong Kong||University of Hong Kong||FinTech Professional Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Hong Kong||University of Hong Kong||Introduction to FinTech||Course||Online||Free
|Hong Kong||University of Hong Kong||FinTech Ethics & Risks||Course||Online||Free
|Hong Kong||University of Hong Kong||Blockchain & FinTech: Basics, Applications & Limitations||Course||Online||Free
|United Kingdom||University of Huddersfield||MS FinTech (Professional Practice)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Huddersfield||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Liechtenstein||University of Liechtenstein||Blockchain & FinTech [German]||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Malta||University of Malta||MS Blockchain & DLT (Law & Regulation)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Malta||University of Malta||MS Blockchain & DLT (ICT)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Malta||University of Malta||MS Blockchain & DLT (Business & Finance)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of Michigan||FinTech Innovations Specialization||Specialization||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of Michigan||Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Explained||Course||Campus||Free
|United States||University of Minnesota||IT Infrastructure & Emerging Trends||Course||Campus||Free
|India||University of Mumbai||Master's in FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Security Token Strategy||Course||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Blockchain Regulatory Academy||Course||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Blockchain Law, Regulation & Policy||Course||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Applied Forecasting||Course||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Blockchain Financial Analyst Certification||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Blockchain Business Analyst Certification||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Blockchain Developer Certification||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||MS Computer Science (Blockchain Concentration)||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||MS Digital Currency||Degree||Online||Paid|
|Cyprus||University of Nicosia||Introduction to Digital Currencies||Course||Online||Free|
|United Kingdom||University of Oxford||Oxford Blockchain Strategy Program||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Oxford||Blockchain Software Engineering||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Argentina||University of Palermo||Blockchain Development Executive Program [Spanish]||Course||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of Pennsylvania||Foundations & Applications of FinTech Specialization||Specialization||Online||Paid|
|United States||University of Pennsylvania||Cryptocurrency & Blockchain: An Intro to Digital Currencies||Course||Online||Free
|India||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies||B.Tech CSE (Blockchain Specialization)||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Reading||MS Finance & FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Spain||University of Salamanca||Master in FinTech [Spanish]||Degree||Online|
|Spain||University of Salamanca||Expert in FinTech [Spanish]||Diploma||Online|
|Spain||University of Salamanca||Master in Blockchain & Smart Contracts [Spanish]||Degree||Online|
|Spain||University of Salamanca||Expert in Blockchain & Smart Contracts [Spanish]||Diploma||Online|
|United States||University of South Florida||FinTech Certificate Program||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Stirling||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Strathclyde||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Sussex||BS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of Sussex||MS FinTech, Risk & Investment Analysis||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||University of Technology Sydney||Get Ready for Blockchain||Course||Online||Free|
|Spain||University of the Basque Country||MS Blockchain Technology & Cryptoeconomics [Spanish]||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|United States||University of the Cumberlands||MS Global Business with Blockchain Technology||Degree||Online||Paid|
|United States||University of the Cumberlands||Executive MS Global Business with Blockchain Technology||Degree||Blended||Paid|
|United Kingdom||University of the West of England||MS FinTech||Degree||Campus||Paid|
|Canada||University of Toronto||FinTech Boot Camp||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Switzerland||University of Zurich||Deep Dive into Blockchain||Course||Online||Paid|
|Switzerland||University of Zurich||Certificate of Advanced Studies in Blockchain||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Australia||Various RTOs||Diploma of Applied Blockchain||Diploma||Online|
|Australia||Various RTOs||Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain||Diploma||Online|
|United States||Wayne State University||Blockchain Professional Certificate||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Canada||York University||Master Certificate in Blockchain (Business Track)||Certificate||Campus||Paid|
|Canada||York University||Certified Full Stack Blockchain Developer||Certificate||Online |
|Canada||York University||Master Certificate in Blockchain (Technical Track)||Certificate||Online|
|Canada||York University||Post-Graduate Certificate in Back-End & Blockchain Development||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Canada||York University||Certificate in Blockchain Development||Certificate||Online||Paid|
|Spain||Zigurat Business School||Blockchain Essentials||Course||Online||Free|
Free Online Blockchain Courses
Whether you’re new to blockchain or have some familiarity with it, you can study the basics of blockchain from the comfort of your own home, for free. A small number of universities offer free introductory online blockchain courses, including:
- The University of Technology Sydney offers a free online blockchain taster course. Get Ready for Blockchain explores how blockchain technology can offer solutions for a range of issues across different industries. The course is self-paced and can be started anytime.
- Zigurat Innovation & Technology Business School offers a free online course called Blockchain Essentials. The introductory course is part of the first module of the Global Master’s in Blockchain Technologies degree program, accredited by the University of Barcelona. Students receive six video classes on a weekly basis, and a certificate upon completion.
- Princeton University offers a free online course on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies. The introductory 11-week course is taught by Arvind Narayanan, an Associate Professor of Computer Science and co-author of a seminal textbook on cryptocurrency technologies.
- The University of Nicosia (UNIC) offers the first course of its Master of Science (MS) in Digital Currency degree program as a free MOOC. The Introduction to Digital Currencies course provides an introductory overview of decentralized blockchain-based digital currencies. It is co-taught by leading Bitcoin expert Andreas Antonopoulos and UNIC CEO Antonis Polemitis. There are two cohorts a year, in Fall and Spring.
Many more online blockchain courses are available free to audit, meaning that you can access the course materials for free but must pay to receive graded assignments or receive a certificate.
Free to Audit Online Blockchain Courses
Coursera and edX are two of the leading online learning platforms for higher education, home to over 75 million learners. Both were founded in 2012 – Coursera by two Stanford University professors and edX by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Top universities from around the world now partner with them to offer 100% online blockchain courses.
Most courses offered through these platforms are free to audit – allowing you to access course videos, lectures, readings, ungraded assignments, and to participate in discussion forums. However, if you want to access graded assignments and receive a shareable certificate (upon completion), you will need to pay. These programs are therefore listed as ‘Free or Paid’ in our database of University Blockchain Courses.
Coursera Online Blockchain Courses
To take a course for free with Coursera, you need to select the ‘Audit the course’ option when enrolling. Alternatively, prices start at about $39 per course. Upon payment, students have 180 days in which to complete the course and earn a Course Certificate. If you audit the course you can choose to upgrade to the paid version – and earn a Course Certificate – at any time.
Coursera also offers Specializations, comprising a number of individual courses. Fees start at $39 per month, with access granted to all courses in the Specialization. Upon completion of each of the required Course Certificates, students are also awarded a Specialization Certificate. Students who cannot afford to pay for a Course Certificate or Specialization Certificate can apply for financial aid or a scholarship.
Universities offering online blockchain courses through Coursera include:
- The State University of New York at Buffalo offers a Blockchain Specialization, covering foundational blockchain concepts, designing and implementing smart contracts, developing decentralized applications, and programming on the Ethereum blockchain platform. It consists of four courses, which can also be studied separately: Blockchain Basics, Smart Contracts, Decentralized Applications, and Blockchain Platforms.
- The University of California, Irvine offers a Blockchain Specialization, providing an overview of blockchain technology and its uses, and hands-on practice involving cryptography, hashing, and the assembly of blocks. It consists of four courses, which can also be studied separately: The Blockchain, Cryptography & Hashing, The Merkle Tree & Cryptocurrencies, and The Blockchain System.
- INSEAD Business School offers a Blockchain Revolution Specialization, providing an overview of blockchain technology and examining how it is disrupting business models. The Specialization is taught by Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott, authors of the book Blockchain Revolution. It consists of four courses, which can also be studied separately: Blockchain Technologies, Transacting on the Blockchain, Blockchain & Business, and Blockchain Opportunity Analysis. INSEAD also offers a similar set of online blockchain courses as part of a Blockchain Revolution Financial Services Specialization, for those interested in how blockchain is transforming the financial services industry.
- The University of Pennsylvania offers an introductory online course on Cryptocurrency & Blockchain as part of its FinTech Specialization. The course provides students with an understanding of cryptocurrency, the intricacies of blockchain technology, and a strategy for incorporating cryptocurrency into investment plans.
- The University of Michigan offers an online course on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency as part of its FinTech Innovations Specialization. The course explores the technical underpinnings of blockchain, key concepts such as decentralization and consensus algorithms, and blockchain as a business solution.
- Duke University offers an online course on Blockchain Business Models as part of its Entrepreneurial Finance Specialization. The course examines various blockchain technologies and the business situations in which they can be deployed, as well as the risks in doing so. Duke also offers a course on FinTech Law & Policy, which looks at the legal, regulatory, and policy issues associated with cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings.
- The University of Cape Town offers an online course on Blockchain Technology in Emerging Markets as part of its FinTech StartUps Specialization. The course provides an overview of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, and the application of blockchain outside of finance.
EdX Online Blockchain Courses
To take a course for free with edX, you need to select the ‘Audit This Course’ option when enrolling. Alternatively, select ‘Pursue the Verified Track’ if you want to include unlimited course access, graded assignments, and a verified certificate. Fees for the verified track are typically between $50 and $300 per course. Financial assistance (up to 90%) is available to students who cannot afford to pay full price. You can also choose to start a course in the audit track and upgrade to the verified track later.
Similar to Coursera’s ‘Specializations’, edX offers Professional Certificate programs made up of a number of individual courses. Students are awarded a Professional Certificate once they have earned a verified certificate for each course in the program.
Universities offering online blockchain courses through edX include:
- The University of California, Berkeley offers an online Professional Certificate in Blockchain Fundamentals program, which examines the fundamentals of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, including smart contracts, the Ethereum platform, and how to build decentralized applications. It consists of two courses, which can also be studied separately: Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology.
- The University of Hong Kong offers an online Professional Certificate in FinTech program, which covers the major technologies involved in FinTech, including blockchain – its design, uses, potential, and limitations. It consists of three courses, which can also be studied separately: Introduction to FinTech, FinTech Ethics & Risks, and Blockchain & FinTech.
Paid Online Blockchain Courses
Many universities now offer paid online blockchain courses. These are often executive programs and professional certificates, specifically designed for working professionals and business executives. As a result, course fees can be high. However, costs do vary and some courses are suitable for anyone interested in learning more about blockchain technology.
Universities offering paid online blockchain courses include:
- Cornell University offers an online certificate program in Blockchain Essentials. The certificate consists of four two-week courses: Cryptocurrencies & Ledgers; Cryptography Essentials; Blockchain Fundamentals; and Applications of Blockchain Technology.
- Harvard University offers two online blockchain courses through Harvard Extension School. Introduction to Blockchain & Bitcoin covers the mathematical, computational, and economic foundations of blockchain. Breakthrough Innovation with Blockchain Technology explores blockchain technologies in combination with AI and other technologies in the transformation of business.
- Stanford University offers a short professional online course on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, which covers the basics of blockchain technology and how cryptocurrencies are created, transacted, and stored. A similar online course exploring the technical aspects of Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Technologies is offered as part of the Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate.
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers an online short course in Blockchain Technologies: Business Innovation & Application. The six-week online program examines blockchain technology from an economic perspective, and considers its long-term implications for business.
- Duke University offers an online certificate in Blockchain Applications. The program focuses on applying blockchain technology to real-world business challenges and comprises courses on: What is Blockchain; Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies; and Blockchain Mechanics. Delivered through Coursera, the certificate is a real module from Duke’s Master of Engineering in FinTech program.
- Portland State University offers two online blockchain certificates. The Business Blockchain Certificate is taught at the undergraduate level, while the Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate is taught at the graduate level and designed for business professionals. Both programs focus on how blockchain technology can be applied to transform a variety of business sectors.
- Loyola Marymount University offers three eight-week online blockchain courses, in collaboration with EmergingEd. Blockchain Foundations & Frameworks provides an introduction to blockchain technology, including cryptocurrency. Blockchain & Industry explores strategies for implementing blockchain technologies within an organization. Blockchain Cases covers public and private blockchains, and smart contract programming.
- Oxford University offers the Oxford Blockchain Strategy Program, a six-week online blockchain course aimed at business leaders. A strong emphasis is placed on ensuring that decision-makers have sufficient understanding of blockchain to make organizational decisions.
- The London School of Economics (LSE) offers a Cryptocurrency & Disruption online certificate course. The online course explores blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and the future implications for business and the economy.
- University College London (UCL) offers an executive online blockchain course called Blockchain Rules. The course explores economic, legal, and regulatory issues related to breakthrough blockchain technologies.
- The University of Nicosia (UNIC) offers three online Blockchain Professional Certification Programs – Blockchain Financial Analyst; Blockchain Business Analyst; and Blockchain Developer. The 18-week programs each consist of three courses from the university’s Master of Science in Digital Currency. UNIC also offers a variety of six-week professional online blockchain courses, on specialized topics including: Blockchain Law, Regulation & Policy; Security Token Strategy; and Applied Forecasting.
- Amity University Online offers online certificate programs in Blockchain Management and Blockchain Technology & Management. The online graduate programs cover blockchain and programming fundamentals, including public, private, and federated blockchains, and tools such as Solidity and Corda.
- The Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IMT Ghaziabad) offers an online executive program in Blockchain Technology Management. The five-month certificate program emphasizes how to approach real-world business problems from the perspective of a blockchain consultant.
- The International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore) offers an online graduate certificate in Blockchain Technology and an online graduate diploma in Software Development (Blockchain). The six-month certificate program and 12-month diploma program prepare students to become blockchain developers, by learning coding from scratch and creating smart contracts.
- Dalhousie University offers an online Certificate in Blockchain. The program consists of three modules and explores blockchain networks, blockchain platforms, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain use cases.
- RMIT University offers an online graduate certificate in Blockchain Enabled Business. The program comprises courses on: Blockchain and the Cryptoeconomy; Cryptofinance; Blockchain Strategy; and Law & Policy for Emerging Technologies. RMIT also offers online short courses on Developing Blockchain Strategy, and Designing Blockchain Solutions.
Campus Blockchain Courses
While many blockchain courses are delivered online, a significant number of universities offer on-campus blockchain courses. Unsurprisingly, these tend to be paid courses. However, due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, many universities are postponing on-campus courses and switching to remote instruction via online platforms.
Universities still offering campus blockchain courses include:
- Singapore Management University (SMU) offers a wide variety of campus blockchain courses, including an advanced certificate in Blockchain for Business, and a Blockchain Developer certification program. The SMU campus is located in the downtown centre of Singapore, close to the headquarters of many leading financial and corporate institutions.
- The Indian Institute of Information & Management Kerala (IIITM-K) offers a range of blockchain certification programs, taught on-campus as part of the Kerala Blockchain Academy initiative. This includes the Certified Blockchain Associate, Certified Blockchain Architect, and Certified Blockchain Business Professional programs. IIITM-K is located at Technopark Campus in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala.
- The University of Zurich offers a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Blockchain. Targeted at professional practitioners, the certificate is taught on-campus at the Center for Continuing Education in Zurich, Switzerland. The program is split into three modules and students cover topics including smart contracts, blockchain platforms, cryptocurrencies, and data protection.
Non-English Language Blockchain Courses
The majority of university blockchain courses are taught in English. However, non-English language blockchain courses are also available. The Spanish-speaking community is particularly well served, with universities from Argentina, Colombia, and Spain offering a range of blockchain courses, certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
Universities offering non-English language blockchain courses include:
- Austral University in Argentina offers an online course on Blockchain Disruption, taught in Spanish and delivered through the Coursera platform. The free to audit five-week course provides an introductory overview of the technical, economic, legal, and social impact of blockchain technology.
- The University of Palermo in Argentina offers an executive online course on Blockchain Development, taught in Spanish. The 16-week course is delivered on-campus in Buenos Aires, and is aimed at developers and innovators of blockchain-based systems. Students will learn how to develop decentralized applications in Solidity, and how to use the Ethereum platform.
- The Pontifical Xavierian University in Colombia offers an online course on Blockchain Technology Fundamentals, taught in Spanish and delivered through the edX platform. The free to audit five-week course examines the origins of blockchain technology, potential blockchain applications, and challenges to achieving mass adoption.
- Esade Ramon Llull University in Spain offers an Innovation in Finance: FinTech & Blockchain online certificate. Taught in Spanish, the online program explores the impact that new technologies are having on the financial sector, including blockchain, cryptocurrencies, artificial intelligence, and big data.
- The Universidad Europea in Spain offers three blockchain certificates taught in Spanish. Six-month certificates in Blockchain & Bitcoin and Disruptive Technologies for Business are taught on-campus in Madrid. A three-month Blockchain Bootcamp is delivered in a blended format, and provides an introduction to blockchain technology and its applications.
- The International University of La Rioja (UNIR), an online university based in Spain, offers an online certificate in Blockchain Application Development, and an online course on Blockchain Applied to Business. Both programs are taught in Spanish and cover how to apply blockchain technology to different business models.
- The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Business School (IEBS), an online university based in Spain, offers an online graduate Diploma in Blockchain. Taught in Spanish, the program provides an overview of blockchain technology, including Initial Coin Offerings, decentralized Apps, smart contracts, and cryptocurrencies.
- The Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology in Russia offers an online course on Blockchain Technology, taught in Russian and delivered through the Coursera platform. The free to audit four-week course provides an introduction to blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, and the Ethereum platform.
- The University of Liechtenstein offers a Blockchain & FinTech certificate. The program is taught primarily in German (with some English) on-campus in Vaduz, the capital of the Principality. The certificate program covers the basics of FinTech and blockchain technology, including cryptocurrencies.
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics is the oldest business school in Poland and offers graduate studies in Blockchain, Smart Contracts & Digital Currencies. Taught in Polish, the program lasts two semesters with classes taught on-campus at weekends.
Blockchain Courses for Matriculated Students
Blockchain courses offered exclusively to matriculated students are beyond the scope of our database of university blockchain courses. There are likely thousands of blockchain classes available to undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students at universities worldwide. For example, Coinbase found that Cornell University alone offers 14 classes on blockchain and cryptocurrency.
If you are a matriculated student interesting in taking a blockchain course, we recommend you search your university’s course catalog or Schedule of Classes. You may need to search for a variety of different terms including: blockchain; cryptocurrency; crypto; distributed ledger; DLT; financial technology; FinTech; Bitcoin.
Continuing with the example of Cornell University, students could search the Courses of Study to find course offerings for the academic year, or search the Class Roster to view scheduled classes by term.
If you are unable to find any blockchain classes at your university, check whether your university has a blockchain club. These student-run organizations sometimes provide alternative blockchain classes, and encourage the introduction of accredited blockchain classes to the university curriculum.
Non-University Blockchain Courses
Our regularly updated database only includes blockchain courses offered by accredited universities and colleges. However, there are many other high-quality blockchain courses available from other institutions.
The Coursera and edX learning platforms offer a range of online blockchain courses, from the likes of the New York Institute of Finance, the Linux Foundation, the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA), EIT Digital, and ConsenSys Academy.